How to get involved in Self Management Week 2017, 2nd October – 6th October
The Self Management Team are gearing up for the 2017 Self Management Week and we want to raise the awareness and shout about the huge benefits self management can bring to people’s lives.
Self management is about people living with long term conditions being in ‘the driving seat’. It supports people to live their lives better, on their terms. Self management is not a replacement for services, it’s about self-determination in partnership with supporters.
To make a truly valuable impact and get people talking about Self Management we want you to get involved and we want to know about it. Keep reading for ideas.
If you think of an idea that hasn’t been mentioned, get in touch with the team:
Telephone: 0141 404 0231
Below are our Top 10 Ways to Get Involved:
- Plan an event during the week to promote Self Management. However small or large we’re here to help you with your ideas. You can submit your event to us for additional promotion.
- Learn and embrace the Principles of Self Management.
- Share your Self Management story with us and our networks.
- Follow @SelfMgmtScot on twitter and tweet using the hashtag #selfmanagement.
- Sign up to the Self Management Network Scotland.
- Read and share the Self Management resources. You can also submit resources you think would be useful to others.
- Join up with or create a self management network in your local area.
- Nominate someone for a Self Management Award. (More information to follow)
- Use our campaign materials at your events.
- Signpost your networks to find out more about Self Management.